How to Cook Delicious Porridge using unripe plantain, Sounds weird yeah? Lol
Hello Guys, Today am going to be doing something new, am gonna be showing and listing this food recipe on how to cook porridge using unripe plantain, the Nigerian African Style.
How to Cook Delicious Porridge
This recipe is fast and super easy, and is good in iron.
- Unripe Plantain: 4 pieces
- Pumpkin Leaves: a big bunch
- Fish (Titus): 1 medium size
- Ground Crayfish: 1-2 teaspoons
- Onions: 2 medium sized bulbs
- Red palm Oil: enough to colour the meal
- Pepper and Salt: to taste
- Seasoning: 2 big stock cubes
Wash, peel and cut up the plantain as shown below.
Wash and cut the pumpkin leaves into small pieces.
Wash, cut and remove the fish intestines, then Cut up the onions into tiny pieces. Grind the crayfish and pepper.
Now you are ready to cook.
- Put the cut plantain in a pot. Add the chopped onions, stock cubes, fish, ground crayfish and pepper.
- Add water to the same level as the contents of the pot.
- Cook till the contents start to boil. Add the red palm oil and salt to taste. Cover the pot and keep cooking till done. This is when the plantain is tender to touch.
- Add the vegetables, cover the pot and leave to simmer.
- Once it has heated up, stir, turn off the heat and leave to stand for at least five minutes before serving.
So there you have it..super easy right??
Try it and lets know wassup.